Hello Spring, Hello Erie, PA!
What’s NEW in Erie PA!
Big cats, brew trails, giant waves, yummy eats and more. Find out the latest and newest additions to plan your Erie Adventure!
Start planning your Erie getaway today with the 2015 Erie Adventure Guide! Full of great suggestions, deals, what’s new, major festivals and events and maps. Phone our offices at 800-524-3743 or email email@example.com to receive your FREE copy. You can also view the guide online here.
Lake Erie Ale Trail Debuts!
Four local breweries have combined their resources to create the Lake Erie Ale Trail – a literal map for those curious about visiting Erie breweries and exploring their award-winning brews. For information and special events, please visit www.lakeeriealetrail.com. View their brochure.
The four participating breweries are:
- Erie Ale Works (www.eriealeworks.com) – 416 W. 12th Street Erie 16501
- Erie Brewing Company (www.eriebrewingco.com) – 1213 Veshecco Drive Erie 16501
- Lavery Brewing Company (www.laverybrewing.com) – 128 W. 12th Street Erie 16501
- The Brewerie at Union Station (www.brewerie.com) – 123 W. 14th Street Erie 16501
Tee Off with the NEW 2015 Stay n Play Golf Brochure
Get your copy of our latest golf brochure! The updated golfing guide includes general course information for Whispering Woods Golf Club, Peek ‘n Peak Resort, Crab Apple Ridge Golf Course and Erie Golf Club, plus overnight packages at Holiday Inn Express, Courtyard by Marriott, Hilton Garden Inn, Days Inn, Econo Lodge, Wingate by Wyndham and the Quality Inn & Suites. Browse it here or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-524-ERIE (3743) for your free copy. You can also find copies at the Tom Ridge Environmental Center 301 Peninsula Drive, Erie PA 16505.
New Spring Updates & Discounts
Download the HelloErie App! Get the inside scoop on special offers, great events and local attractions, hotels and businesses at the swipe of a finger! GPS capabilities map out must-see, must-stop places and don’t miss attractions. The Hello Erie app also features Eat, Stay, Play and Events listings, social media connectivity and a one touch “call” button to make the most out of your stay. It’s your complete Erie PA tour guide rolled into one.
2015 Hello Erie Calendar of Events
Packed full of festivals, fairs and celebrations, the 2015 Hello Erie Calendar of Events is a great guide for planning your next Erie adventure! From ethnic celebrations, cook-offs, film fests, performances and concerts, Erie has events year-round! Email us at email@example.com to request your free copy, call us 1-800-524-ERIE (3743) or go view our full calendar now.
Enter Our Win Wine & a Weekend Contest!
South Shore Wine Company in North East, PA
Enter and you could win a fabulous overnight stay in Erie PA including prizes from Lake Erie Wine Country wineries and Erie attractions! Each package contains an overnight stay in an Erie hotel plus passes/certificates to a selection of area attractions and wineries including Victorian Princess Cruises, Mazza Vineyards, Courtyard Wineries, Penn Shore Vineyards, passes to the 2015 Wine Fest, Erie Art Museum, Presque isle Downs & Casino and more! Contest ends April 22, 2015.
VisitErie Member News
Welcome new members: Sparrow Pond Campground www.sparrowpond.com , Cobblestone Inn & Suites www.staycobblestone.com, Erie Ale Works www.eriealeworks.com, My Cozy Cottage Rentals www.cozycottagerentals.com, Claudine’s Consignment www.claudinesconsignment.com and Harbor Ridge Golf Course www.hrgolfclub.com.
Diverse new offerings are headed to the Millcreek Mall Complex. At Home home décor superstore will open May 2015 in the Millcreek Pavilion section of the complex. Customers can find a huge selection of furniture, artwork, housewares, rugs, curtains, patio décor and seasonal items. Massage Envy and Elevate Church are also headed to the Mall this spring/summer.
Congratulations to the Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel for ranking No. 1 in overall satisfaction by the Sheraton brand in North America, and the hotel’s restaurant Bayfront Grille was ranked No. 1 for restaurant quality by Sheraton globally for 2014. The hotel also achieved a No. 1 ranking for room service quality out of 203 North American Hotels.
Anderson Coach & Travel is one of the first 50 companies in the nation to earn a green rating from the University of Vermont for providing environmentally-friendly travel options.
Celebrating 10 years of success, the Pennsylvania Route 6 Heritage Corridor has plenty to smile about. Successes include a wayfinding system, the PA Route 6 Alliance, workshops, webinars, podcasts and the PA Route 6 Artisan trail to name a few. Find out more at www.paroute6.com.
Erie Gets Sports!
As a division of VisitErie, the Erie Sports Commission (ESC) is committed to promoting the Erie region as a prime destination for sports and recreation. The major goals of the ESC are to attract, create, support, and host sporting and recreational events that have a positive economic impact on the region, and assist in maximizing the potential of all regional sports facilities and venues.
On Sunday, March 15, the Erie Sports Commission announced that Erie has been named the host city for the 2016 VNEA World Juniors Pool Championship, which will bring more than 500 youth and their families to Erie from June 16-19, 2016. The event, hosted by Warner Coin Machine, will be held at the Bayfront Convention Center. Players from across the country, Canada, and New Zealand have already committed to compete in the event. For more information read the press release.
Upcoming Sporting Events
- PA Junior Wrestling Championships will be held March 20-21 at Erie Insurance Arena ()! More than 900 of the top youth wrestlers from around the state will compete in the championship event. Admission is just $15 for adults and $10 for students.
- Keystone Hoops will tip off its 2015 season with the Future All Stars Classic March 27-29 at Family First Sports Park. The event series continues with the Lake Erie Classic May 1-3, Shoot the Rock Summer Jam May 29-31, and Keystone Hoops Group Shootout July 10-12.
- The Erie Spring Classic will be held March 27-29, 2015 after a successful first tournament in 2014, to be followed by the annual Erie Spring Classic which will be held May 15-17, 2015. The tournaments expect 225 teams to compete from surrounding states, and they’ll be held in multiple venues in Erie.
- The 2015 PA Youth Open Bowling Championships will be held at Greengarden Lanes and Eastway Lanes April 11-12, 18-19, and 25-26. Top youth bowlers from PA will compete in four divisions to win up to $30,000 in scholarships.
- The Lake Erie National Cheer and Dance Championships will be held at Erie Insurance Arena on Sunday, April 12. The event debuted in 2014, but has grown into a national event for 2015, featuring more than 100 cheer and dance teams, and 1,500 athletes. Admission is $12 for adults, $6 for children, and free for kids under 5.
Check out all the events planned for 2015 on the Erie Sports Commission events calendar! Visit www.eriesportscommission.com/events.
Welcome to Town!
VisitErie is proud to welcome the following conventions/conferences this spring:
For information on meetings and conventions contact Joe Holody, Director of Convention Marketing, Sales and Services at 814-454-1000 ext. 126 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a complete listing of Erie spring events, view our full events calendar.
- March 21-29
1st ANNUAL ERIE PEEPS SHOW, Villa Maria Campus
- March 27 – April 19
ALL AN ACT THEATRE presents “SEE ALICE RUN!’
- April 3 – 4
ERIE ZOO SPRING ANNUAL ART SHOW & SALE
- April 4
CAMP SHERWIN EASTER EGG HUNT & OPEN HOUSE
- April 11 – May 3
ERIE STATION DINNER THEATRE “NEVER TOO LATE”
- April 11 – 12
ASBURY WOODS MAPLE FESTIVAL
- April 11
PRESQUE ISLE STATE PARK 59TH ANNUAL SPRING CLEAN-UP
- April 9 – 26
ERIE PLAYHOUSE an encore presentation of “LES MISERABLES”
- May 8 – 10
FESTIVAL OF THE BIRDS AT PRESQUE ISLE
- May 12
SLIPKNOT “PREPARE FOR HELL” TOUR, Erie Insurance Arena
- May 15 – 17
LAKE ERIE WINE COUNTRY WINE & CHEESE WEEKEND
- May 22
ERIE ART MUSEUM GALLERY NIGHT galleries throughout downtown
- May 29 – 31
KEYSTONE HOOPS SHOOT THE ROCK SUMMER JAM Family First Sports Park
- June 7
THE BIGGEST LOSER RUN/WALK Presque Isle State Park